The blogging community is brilliant – when I started Tripping Through Treacle last March, I had no idea that it was so full of supportive writers who want to see other peoples’ blogs flourish as much as their own.
I have been awarded and tagged for the following by Tina, from Invisible Illnesses Blog. Tina writes honestly about being a being a spoonie, she helps to raise awareness of invisible illnesses and is so supportive of other bloggers. Thank you so much Tina for the award and tags! I’m sorry it has taken me so long to respond to, but these invisible illnesses can really take it out of you – I haven’t been able to blog as much as I want to recently!
- Well, the “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Rules For The Nominees:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominee.
- Nominate from ten to twenty bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 things about myself
1. I enjoy crochet, but don’t do enough of it – I taught myself a couple of years ago and have since made each of my children blankets, which I am very proud of
2. I follow the OMS programme to help my multiple sclerosis – which means I don’t eat dairy. I enjoy my diet but the one thing I miss the most is cheese (drool….)
3. I love Fleetwood Mac
- Why did you start your blog? – I started it as a way to get my thoughts down at a time when I was finding my MS diagnosis and symptoms very challenging. It is an ever-changing disease for me and it has been good to link with others who are also finding life difficult due to their health
- Do you feel young at heart or your age? – My body feels older than my 38 years, but my mind feels young!
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? – A Honda Jazz. I had to change to an automatic last year due to my dodgy left leg making me struggle with the clutch on our old car
- What is your favourite television program? – I like a lot at the moment. I enjoy Scandinavian thrillers like ‘The Killing’ but also ‘easier’ programmes like ‘This is Us’. I loved Breaking Bad.
- What’s the last movie you watched? – ‘Sing’, with my kids, yesterday. It wasn’t as good as I had hoped it would be.
My Questions for my Nominees:
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What would be your ideal job?
- Favourite song?
- Favourite breakfast?
- Are you a dog or a cat person (or neither)?
Here is my most recent post about the challenges of maintaining a healthy body image when you have a chronic illness – and trying to be a good role model for my kids.
Thank you also to Tina for the tags:
Tina linked a word to each letter of the alphabet, so I will do the same… each word will be something linked to me or what I aspire to be!
- A- Adventurous
- B- Blue-eyed
C- Calm (most of the time)
E- Equality (believes in)
M- Mindful (trying to be more)
W- (MS) Warrior
X- X-rayed (lots of MRIs!)
Z- Zzzzzzs (I NEED my sleep! – see Y)
That was difficult!
Thanks to Tina at Invisible Illnesses blog for choosing me to participate! This is a great way to network with other bloggers.
Too many challenges
My 2 children
We went to Bruges fro my husband’s 40th. It was beautiful and I loved the cafe culture.
Starting my blog was a big part of 2016 for me
I would love to visit my sister in Australia, but they are coming over at Christmas, so it won’t happen this year.